School Improvement Leicester (SIL) is a new alliance open to members of Leicester Primary Partnership with the aim of further improving school performance amongst its member schools. As a subsidiary of LPP, it is funded through subscription and de-delegation. It is a membership club where members have benefits and responsibilities, members are not merely buying a service but are partners responsible for co-creating and quality assuring it together.
Meet the SIL team here.
Objectives of School Improvement Leicester
- Provides a transformational model for school improvement;
- Maintains a distinctive Leicester approach to school-to-school support founded on the principles of system leadership;
- Uses an approach to school improvement that supports and challenges all schools in the partnership;
- Embeds an ambition of high aspiration and achievement for all the children and young people of Leicester.
Benefits for Members:
|Core benefits provided from subscriptions and members time and commitment||Enhanced benefits provided from de-delegated funds for maintained schools and fees for academies and free schools|
|Co-ordination of peer review triads and management reports||School Improvement Partner 2 days a year to provide support and challenge to school leaders and governors|
|Training and development activities to support peer reviews||2-day whole school review once every 3 years. Prioritised for schools due to OfSTED inspection.|
|Link headteachers||2 days of primary consultant/SLE to support work on school priorities|
|School Improvement Partner for 1 day a year to provide support and challenge to school leaders and governers via the Autumn Peer Review meeting|
|School Improvement Board to:|
- keep an overview of the health partnership schools
- understand the school improvement needs of members
- commission, challenge and support
For more information, contact Jo Holland email@example.com.