The Leicester Primary Partnership (LPP)
The Leicester Primary Partnership (LPP) is a not-for-profit limited company. All state-funded Leicester primary schools can become members of the Partnership through subscription and all currently choose to do so.
The overarching aim of LPP is to support effective collaboration between Primary schools to support a collective responsibility for all the outcomes of primary children of Leicester City. The partnership takes a lead on School Improvement projects at City and Development Group (Cluster) level. LPP works closely with other partners to ensure effective provision across the city and across the different phases of education, including with the Education and Children’s Services Department.
LPP has run a free-to-members peer support and challenge school improvement model since 2016. Following requests from members, this offer will change upon its launch of School Improvement Leicester in September 2019, which offers a subscription model for an enhanced offer. (see further details below).
How we can support you
The Strategic Lead is Liz Warren who has had three headships. In addition to an invaluable weekly Newsletter, she can also offer practical advice on a range of issues and provide details of the most appropriate contact for more in-depth support. She will make contact shortly after you are in post to share information about your locality and put you in contact with your Development Group.
Liz is also a confidential phone call away if you would like to talk to someone about any aspect of headship, including adjusting to the new challenges of your post.
Main activities during the year
- LPP organises two meetings a term, the dates of which are in the weekly Newsletter.
- Agendas are set close to meeting dates to ensure they address the issues most relevant to Heads at the time.
- LPP coordinates representation on a variety of fora and champions schools’ rights while supporting them in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Development Group meetings are neighbourhood meetings for heads and take place twice a term. These are also listed on the LPP Newsletter.
- LPP is a partner organisation in the Leicester Education Strategic Partnership (LESP).